Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Motivation and a Go-Go Bear

When I told my daughters Eleanor (7) and Charlotte (3) that I wanted to run in a race, they said they would be my cheerleaders and promptly started cheering, "Yay Mommy!  Run fast!"  Eleanor was not happy when she learned that running in this race means that I will have to practice for it.  As I was going out to run yesterday, she stopped me and said, "Mommy, you may not win your race, you know, because it's your first one.  I don't want you to be disappointed."  I told her that making it through the race was more important than winning.  

Eleanor, being my main cheerleader, decorated my motivational box for me.  A run results in a prize.  


 The go.go bear is cheering me on, too.


Of course, the box is full of chocolate and a few motivational cards.  I have a good team behind me.


In related news, I got this email last night.  I set six new records yesterday on my "run."  Maybe I should stop while I'm ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment