Thursday, December 13, 2012

Milestones

Last night Charlotte was racing.  She would pose and say, "ready, steady, GO!"  Then she would take off and run as fast and as far as she could until she hit a wall.

She told me, "I'm racing."
"Really?" I said, "Who are you racing?"
"I'm racing me!" she said, as she ran off.

I've been very discouraged on the running front.  Travel, holiday activities, and sickness have meant few runs in the last couple of weeks and the ones I did get in were painfully slow (with an emphasis on the painful).  Finally today I took some decongestants that make me feel shaky, but made my sinuses stop aching. And I ran.  Really ran.

Tonight, for the first time in my life, I ran a complete mile without stopping.  And I didn't die.  It's a Christmas miracle.  I'm doing it.  I'm racing myself and I'm winning.

Stats:

Distance: 3 miles
Duration: 34:24 min:sec (over 2 min less than my previous best)
Average Pace: 11:27 min/mile (over 30 seconds better)
Average Speed: 5.24 mph (previous high was 4.9mph)

Total Distance: 62 miles


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! My husband did his first two miler this morning and I think he finally discovered the runner's high. It's a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU CAN DO IT!

    Just keep putting on your running shoes.

    I love that you're cataloguing your running online. I'm sort of doing the same.

    Cheering for you.

    ReplyDelete