Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Running Through Horse Dung

It's been awhile.  Christmas made running hard and blogging impossible.  But tonight I finished my first run of the year, after a little over a week off.  It was not as bad as I thought it would be.

Yesterday was the Rose Parade, which means the city is still coming back together.  I run around the Rose Bowl (on a nice track).  Tents are still up from float decorating.  Barricades are still hanging out on the side of the road.  And best of all: horse dung is still on the road/running track.  Or at least that's what I like to imagine it is.  It could have just been mud/grass clippings tracked out by trucks.  I didn't stop to smell it.

I did not want to go running.  Three of my neighbors are training for the same race.  Every time I see them out running (which is way too often), I feel guilty and defeated.  I'm reminded that I am not a runner.  I'm not doing this for fun, but to challenge myself in a new and different way and to hopefully raise some money for a cause I deeply believe in.

Today I found myself wondering if it were possible to crochet or knit while running, a quick google search proved it to be possible, at least by one British woman.  I think I'm going to have to try that.  It would definitely make running through horse dung more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment