Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Dogs In Strollers

I cannot believe that I have been doing this running thing for three months now and I am still this bad at it.  When I saw the physical therapist last week, she told me that I should start "tapering down" since I was just a month away from the race.  I don't think she knows me well.  If I "taper down" much, I'll be going backwards.  She also told me to walk for 5-10 minutes to warm up before stretching.  I tried that tonight and had NO leg pain.  Amazing.  That was the first time in 8 years that I have exercised without pain in my right leg.

Unrelated, I really enjoy all the dogs on the walking track around the Rose Bowl.  I like the English bulldogs that sound like they are struggling more than I am.  I like the little dogs that look like any minute they are going to wind their leashes around their walker's legs.  My favorite are the dogs in strollers.  I count it a good run when I see one (and there usually is at least one).  These little dogs look so entitled and bored.  One day I passed a man pushing a stroller.  As I went past him, I saw in addition to the stroller he had a baby strapped to his chest.  I thought, "Oh, maybe it's twins," and as I looked back to see the baby in the stoller, I was surprised to see the other "baby" was a dog.  Tonight there was a woman pushing a rolly-walker thing with a dog wrapped in a blanket balanced in the middle.  What is with all these lazy dogs?  If I can run this with two legs (one of them not so great), surely these dogs could run with four legs.  Maybe I'll make an inspirational video for dogs, push them past the boundaries of their strollers.

No comments:

Post a Comment