Friday, November 16, 2012

Leaden Jell-O

Last night's run was more of a walk.  It was awful.  My legs felt like leaden Jell-O--heavy and wobbly and like they didn't know how to work.  My ankles hurt.  The tops of my feet hurt.  My stomach hurt.  It was quite unpleasant all around.

I'm not sure if it was because I was wearing different clothes or because I was hungry or because I had eaten (a lot of) chocolate earlier in the day.  Or maybe because I was tired or I had already heard the episode of This American Life or because it was raining a little or because I'm just not good at running.

For whatever reason, it was miserable.  But I don't want to give up because the last two "runs" were good, almost fun.  I think the good ones make the miserable ones worth it.  Or at least I'm going to tell myself that so I will keep going.


Side note: Good news!!!  A friend sent me a link to CEP sports compression stockings.  I hadn't been looking at these when researching compression options because I didn't they would be as compressive as the medical grade ones.  I did some research and found that they apply less pressure than the medical ones, which would be okay, but not ideal for now.  I looked them up on Amazon and Amazon in its infinite wisdom recommended other fun compression stockings.  That is where I found these:
Butterflies!!  Compression stockings with butterflies!  Now I just have to save up for these and the others that I put on my running wish list.  I'm pretty sure butterflies would make me run faster.

Stats:

Distance: 3 miles
Duration: 40:30 min:sec
Average Pace: 13:30 min/mile
Average Speed: 4.44 mph

Total Distance: 35 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment