Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Roosters and Horses

Today as I was driving three girls home from school, the oldest had a Chinese zodiac calendar and was asking what year everyone was born in so she could figure out their animal.  She discovered that Eleanor and I are roosters.  One of the other girls discovered that her mom is a horse.  This mom happens to be the friend that convinced me to train for the half-marathon with them.  She is good at running.  I am not.  I think it's because she is a horse and I am a rooster.  Have you ever seen a running rooster?  It's not pretty or graceful.  But I am very good at crowing.

Tonight's run was okay, not great.  I went around the Rose Bowl again.  I've picked up a bad habit of touching the posts Monk-style.  So, basically, when I run, I look like a combination of Phoebe and Monk running like a rooster.




Stats:

Distance: 3 miles
Duration: 41:28 min:sec
Average Pace: 13:32 min/mile
Average Speed: 4.43 mph

No comments:

Post a Comment