Thursday, November 1, 2012

Mistakes

One of the hardest parts of this training is finding time to run.  Last night in a fit of determination, I set an alarm for 6am, laid out my running things, and went to bed early.  When my alarm went off this morning, I pulled myself out of my nice snug bed and started to dress.  It was very dark and cold out.  I went back to bed.  I decided I could go for a short run while Matt was home for lunch instead.  I think I'll try the early morning approach again after the time change this weekend.

This lunch running plan presented all sorts of logistical problems.  It was my turn to pick Eleanor and her friend up from school and they got out at noon today.  I should have eaten a light lunch at 11, but I didn't.  So, I picked up the girls, came home, scarfed down a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and immediately went for a run before Matt had to go back to work.  There were so many mistakes involved in this plan:

  1. Eating right before running.
  2. Running in the mid-day sun.
So, I guess there were only two mistakes involved in this plan.  

For the sake of saving time, I just went on the sidewalks around where we live, as opposed to driving to the Rose Bowl and using the track there.  Eleanor saw me leaving and said, "I don't want you to be one of those women running on the sidewalk listening to music in headphones."  I think I'm already starting to embarrass her.  I did not enjoy the street running.  Besides the logistical issues of having to stop to wait for lights to change, I felt like a spectacle.  I also look ridiculous.  

Stats:

Distance: 2.93 miles
Duration: 45:39 min:sec
Average Pace: 15:51min/mile
Average Speed: 3.78 mph

Not a good run (mostly walk).  I'll try again soon.  I like to think it's so much slower because of having to stop at almost every block to wait for lights to change.  I'll tell myself that anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment